Telecoms IQ Writers's Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in Telecoms IQ. We provide news, analysis, events and networking opportunities for telecoms operators. We offer you the opportunity to connect, collaborate and communicate with the global telecoms community.
Who is involved in the Telecoms IQ community?
Telecoms IQ offers you access to key industry players, thought leaders, global innovators, and telecoms operators. Our dedicated advisory board will ensure you are up-to-date with all the latest sector trends, business developments and the changing telecoms landscape. Utilising close ties with industry research and event production firm IQPC, Telecoms IQ offers its members an unrivalled level of information from the telecoms industry.
Our members visit the Telecoms IQ community daily to comment on news stories, download content, discuss industry topics and interact with each other from the UK, Europe, and all points of the globe. We are looking for thought leaders who can bring salient issues to the forefront of the market.
So, how can I get my message across?
If you have a burning industry issue, hot topic or industry development you wish to talk about, then Telecoms IQ will provide you with the ideal platform to engage with your peers, and share your insights and expertise.
Through a range of media options, such as articles, podcasts, telecom related videos and online presentations, Telecoms IQ provides you with the opportunity to position yourself, share your opinions and collaborate with the telecoms community. If you are interested in writing telecoms articles or a telecoms blog, or wish to submit telecoms research, whitepapers or sector reports, contact the Olivia.email@example.com
Want to submit an article?
Telecoms IQ is currently accepting unsolicited articles. If selected for publication, your article will be seen by an expanding network of professionals and featured in our newsletters which go out to an extensive database of telecoms industry leaders.
- Articles are usually 500-2,000 words. There is no set requirement for tone; however we are not looking for articles that directly promote the author's products or services. Please read through some of the published articles to get an idea of the types of pieces we publish. Your work must be your own.
- Try to avoid complex formatting in the article. Charts, graphs, and photos should be submitted as separate documents.
- Ideas on how to effectively handle the "soft side" of customer experience management, process improvement, change leadership, creating teams, engaging people, sustaining change, performance management, linking projects to strategy etc.
- Observations of trends happening within the process improvement community
- When submitting an article, please include a brief bio and a high resolution photo.
Please submit articles electronically to Olivia.Timmins@iqpc.co.uk
If you would like to mail your entry, send it to:
129 Wilton Road
London SW1V 1JX
Due to the volume of articles we receive, we cannot return articles. Please keep a copy of your article for your records. Telecoms IQ reserves the right to make editorial changes it deems necessary. Telecoms IQ does not pay its authors for content, though we are happy to promote your name, your brand, your consultancy, etc.
If an article is chosen for publication, Telecoms IQ will own the rights for the piece.
We look forward to hearing from you.